Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: A Chinese Single Brac'd Railing. A Hedge. Double Pailing. Gate...
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 11/16 x 15 3/16 inches (24.6 x 38.6 cm), Plate: 7 7/8 x 12 15/16 inches (20 x 32.8 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 x 12 1/16 inches (19 x 30.6 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center (upside down): "A Chinese Single brac'd Railing"; left (vertical along paper edge): "Gate"; right (vertical along paper edge): "A Hedge"; lower left: "Bickham Accord.g to Act 1751"; lower center: "Double Pailing"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge (built work) | Chinoiserie | designs | fences | gates | pagodas (buildings) | railing | rocks (landforms) | trees | wood
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: A Chinese Single Brac'd Railing. A Hedge. Double Pailing. Gate.., 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.