Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: Japan Railing. A Hatch. An Obtuce Paling. Parallelgram Railing..
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25 x 39 cm), Plate: 7 11/16 x 12 13/16 inches (19.5 x 32.5 cm), and Image: 7 3/8 x 12 3/8 inches (18.8 x 31.5 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "Japan Railing", left (vertical along image): "Parallelogram Railing."; right (vertical inside image): "A Hatch"; lower left: "According to Act of Parliam t 1751"; lower center: "An Obtuse Paling."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Chinese | Chinoiserie | clouds | design | fences | forest | garden | horses (animals) | pagoda (building) | railing | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: Japan Railing. A Hatch. An Obtuce Paling. Parallelgram Railing., 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.