Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: Japan Railing. A Hatch. An Obtuce Paling. Parallelgram Railing..
- Part Of:
- Etching on medium, textured, cream laid paper
- 9 13/16 x 15 3/8 inches (25 x 39 cm), 7 11/16 x 12 13/16 inches (19.5 x 32.5 cm), and 7 3/8 x 12 3/8 inches (18.8 x 31.5 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "Japan Railing", left (vertical along image): "Parallelogram Railing."; right (vertical inside image): "A Hatch"; lower left: "According to Act of Parliam t 1751"; lower center: "An Obtuse Paling."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Chinese | Chinoiserie | clouds | design | fences | forest | garden | horses (animals) | pagoda (building) | railing | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Bickham, 1684–1769, British, Architectural Designs incorporating Chinoiserie motifs: Japan Railing. A Hatch. An Obtuce Paling. Parallelgram Railing., 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.