- General Cornwallis
- March 6, 1793
- Sheet: 24 x 15in. (61 x 38.1cm)
Inscribed bottom right: "Painted by D. Gardiner"; bottom center :"Published March 6, 1793..."; bottom left: "Engraved by J.Jones. Engraver Extraordinary to his R.H. the Prince of Wales and Principal Engraver to his R.H. the Duke of York"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art; Yale University Art Gallery Collection; Gift of Mrs. Francis P. Garvan
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- army | hat | horse (animal) | portrait | rocks (landforms) | sword | uniforms, military | Union Jack
- Associated People:
- Cornwallis, Charles (1738–1805), lieutenant-general
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Jones, ca. 1745–1797, British, General Cornwallis, March 6, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.