Joseph Baretti, Secretary for Foreign Correspondence to the Royal Academy
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- 11 5/8 x 8 1/8 inches (29.5 x 20.7 cm), 10 11/16 x 7 1/2 inches (27.2 x 19.1 cm), and 8 11/16 x 7 3/16 inches (22 x 18.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Sir J. Reynolds pinx."; lettered lower center: "JOSEPH BARETTI. | Secretary for Foreign Correspondence | to the Royal Academy."; lower right: "J. Hardy sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | book | buttons | chair | coat | correspondence | curls | man | portrait | reading | ring | scholar | secretary (public officer) | signet | solemn | thoughtful | wig | writer
- Associated People:
- Baretti, Giuseppe Marc'Antonio (1719–1789), writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Hardy, active 1770s, Joseph Baretti, Secretary for Foreign Correspondence to the Royal Academy, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.