A Seventy-four in a Fresh Gale
- Aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 16 5/8 inches (26.9 x 42.3 cm), Plate: 8 11/16 x 10 1/2 inches (22 x 26.7 cm), and Image: 6 13/16 x 9 1/16 inches (17.3 x 23 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "K20602"
Lettered, lower left: "Webster del."; lower center: "A 74 in a Fresh Gale. | Published July 8, 1811, by C. Testolini, 73 Cornhill London."; lower right: "Hill, sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | coastline | lighthouse | marine art | men | moored | mooring | ocean | rigging | rocks (landforms) | sails | sea | seagulls | seventy-four gun ship | ships | wind
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
J. Hill, active 19th century, A Seventy-four in a Fresh Gale, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.