Sir Robert Chambers
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 5/8 x 13 13/16 inches (49.8 x 35.1 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 6 5/8 inches (21.4 x 16.9 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 4 inches (12.6 x 10.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds."; center: "SIR ROBERT CHAMBERS. | London, Henry Graves & Compy. 6. Pall Mall, 1862"; center right: "Fredk. Bromley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | buttons (fasteners) | cape (outerwear) | collar | costume | frill | judge | man | portrait | scroll (information artifact) | stripes
- Associated People:
- Chambers, Sir Robert (1737–1803), Chief Justice of Bengal
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Bromley, active 1856–1860, Sir Robert Chambers, 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.