- Sir Robert Chambers
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 5/8 x 13 13/16 inches (49.8 x 35.1 cm), Plate: 8 7/16 x 6 5/8 inches (21.4 x 16.9 cm), and Image: 4 15/16 x 4 inches (12.6 x 10.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Sir Joshua Reynolds."; center: "SIR ROBERT CHAMBERS. | London, Henry Graves & Compy. 6. Pall Mall, 1862"; center right: "Fredk. Bromley."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- books | buttons (fasteners) | cape (outerwear) | collar | costume | frill | judge | man | portrait | scroll (information artifact) | stripes
- Associated People:
- Chambers, Sir Robert (1737–1803), jurist and judge
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Frederick Bromley, active 1856–1860, Sir Robert Chambers, 1862
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.