Columbus Setting Sail
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 5/8 × 6 3/8 inches (29.5 × 16.2 cm) and Image: 3 × 3 1/2 inches (7.6 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.399"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Rogers' | Poems 1833"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The departure of Columbus"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "1st state"
Lettered, center left: "Turner, R.A."; lettered, center right: "Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- friary | gulf | historical subject | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Andalusia | Gulf of Cádiz | Huelva | La Rábida Friary | Palos de la Frontera | Spain
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Columbus Setting Sail, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.