- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 5 15/16 × 8 9/16 inches (15.1 × 21.7 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.407"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Byrons life & works 1832-34 Print from Book."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(off [Holbon] May 43)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."; lettered, lower center: "MALTA. | London, Published 1832, by J Murray, & Sold by C. Tilt, 86, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | fortification
- Associated Places:
- Birgu | Europe | Fort St. Angelo | Grand Harbour | Malta | Mediterranean Sea
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Malta, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.