- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 5 15/16 × 8 9/16 inches (15.1 × 21.7 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.407"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Byrons life & works 1832-34 Print from Book."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(off [Holbon] May 43)"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."; lettered, lower center: "MALTA. | London, Published 1832, by J Murray, & Sold by C. Tilt, 86, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | fortification
- Associated Places:
- Birgu | Europe | Fort St. Angelo | Grand Harbour | Malta | Mediterranean Sea
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Malta, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.