- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 6 1/8 × 8 11/16 inches (15.6 × 22.1 cm) and Image: 3 3/8 × 5 3/16 inches (8.6 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.411"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Byron's Life & Works 1832-34"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Finden."; lettered, lower center: "RHODES. | London, Published 1833, by J.Murray, & Sold by C.Tilt, 86, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | marine art | sea | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Aegean Sea | Dodecanese | Greece | Naillac Tower | Rhodes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Rhodes, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.