- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 × 8 11/16 inches (15.6 × 22.1 cm) and Image: 3 3/8 × 5 3/16 inches (8.6 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.411"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Byron's Life & Works 1832-34"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.Finden."; lettered, lower center: "RHODES. | London, Published 1833, by J.Murray, & Sold by C.Tilt, 86, Fleet Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cityscape | marine art | sea | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Aegean Sea | Dodecanese | Greece | Naillac Tower | Rhodes
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Rhodes, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.