John Varley, 1778–1842, British, Landscape with a Distant Tower, undated
Landscape with a Distant Tower
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 x 8 5/8 inches (15.9 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "16 i + 3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Bequest of Richard L. Purdy
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cliffs | clouds | figures | hills | landscape | mountains | river | ruins | tower (building division) | trees | walking
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.