- The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 20 7/16 inches (39.4 × 51.9 cm) and Image: 13 13/16 × 19 7/8 inches (35.1 × 50.5 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/647)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark Watermark
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilsoon Pinxt."; lower center: "THE SUMMIT OF CADER-IDRIS MONTAIN, | in North Wale."; lettered, lower center: "LE SOMMET DE CADER-IDRIS, | Montagne dans le Principaute de Galles"; lettered, lower right: "E. & M. Rooker Sculpsert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cliffs | craters | hills | lakes | mountains | rocks (landforms) | telescopes | tourists
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.