IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Rooker, 1724–1774, British, The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain, 1775
The Summit of Cader Idris Mountain
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 20 7/16 inches (39.4 × 51.9 cm), Image: 13 13/16 × 19 7/8 inches (35.1 × 50.5 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/647)"
Watermark; collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilsoon Pinxt."; lower center: "THE SUMMIT OF CADER-IDRIS MONTAIN, | in North Wale."; lettered, lower center: "LE SOMMET DE CADER-IDRIS, | Montagne dans le Principaute de Galles"; lettered, lower right: "E. & M. Rooker Sculpsert."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cliffs | craters | hills | lakes | mountains | rocks (landforms) | telescopes | tourists
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.