- Carnarvon Castle
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 24 1/4 inches (44.5 x 61.6 cm) and Plate: 15 3/4 x 21 1/4 inches (40 x 54 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "<W>< . . . >"; inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16400 | 9 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/657)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilson pinxt."; lower left: "CARNARVON CASTLE, | The Birth Place of Edward II. in North Wales."; lower right: "LE CHATEAU DE CARNARVON, | ou le Roy Edouard II. était né, dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "Willm. Byrne Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | castles | cattle | hills | lakes | walls | women
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Byrne, 1743–1805, British, Carnarvon Castle, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.