The Great Bridge over the Taafe
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 17 5/8 x 24 5/8 inches (44.8 x 62.5 cm) and 16 x 21 3/8 inches (40.6 x 54.3 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16403 | 7 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/658)"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richard Wilson pinxt."; lower left: "THE GREAT BRIDGE OVER THE TAAFFE, | in South Wales."; | lower right: "LE GRAND PONT SUR LA TAAFFE, | dans la Principauté de Galles."; lower right: "P.C.Canot Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | clouds | hills | houses | islands | rivers
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Pierre Charles Canot, ca. 1710–1777, French, active in Britain, The Great Bridge over the Taafe, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.