- Pembroke Town and Castle
- Line engraving and etching with hand coloring on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 5/8 x 23 3/4 inches (44.8 x 60.3 cm) and Plate: 16 x 21 5/8 inches (40.6 x 54.9 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower left: "16402 | 9 4/20"; in graphite, lower right: "(IR74/655) | £12"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilson Pinxt."; lower center: "PEMBROKE TOWN and CASTLE, | in South Wales"; lower center: "VILLE ET CHATEAU DE PEMBROKE, | dans la Principauté de Galles"; lower right: "Jas. Mason Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathers | boats | castles | rivers | ruins | swimmers | towns
- Associated Places:
- Pembroke | Pembroke Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Mason, 1710–1783, British, Pembroke Town and Castle, 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.