Horse Accoutrements: Bridle, Saddle, Stirrup Leather and Girth, Bit, Stirrup and Blanket
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, black chalk and collage on thick, slightly textured, white board
- Sheet: 18 1/4 × 24 7/8 inches (46.4 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "2631-A"
Lettered in pen and black ink, lower right: "Bridle (1) Saddle (2) Stirrup Leather (3) | & Girth (4) shown at 1/4 actual Size| Bit (5) & Stirrup (6) at 1/2. Blanket (7) | at 1/12th actual Size."; lettered in yellow watercolor, lower center: "P" and "PM"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Harold Sterner del. et pinx."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bit (bridle component) | blanket, saddle | bridle | genre subject | horse (animal) | leather | saddle | sporting art | stirrup | tack
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Harold Sterner, 1895–1976, American, Horse Accoutrements: Bridle, Saddle, Stirrup Leather and Girth, Bit, Stirrup and Blanket, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.