- Horse Accoutrements: Bridle, Saddle, Stirrup Leather and Girth, Bit, Stirrup and Blanket
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, black chalk and collage on thick, slightly textured, white board
- Sheet: 18 1/4 × 24 7/8 inches (46.4 × 63.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "2631-A"
Lettered in pen and black ink, lower right: "Bridle (1) Saddle (2) Stirrup Leather (3) | & Girth (4) shown at 1/4 actual Size| Bit (5) & Stirrup (6) at 1/2. Blanket (7) | at 1/12th actual Size."; lettered in yellow watercolor, lower center: "P" and "PM"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Harold Sterner del. et pinx."; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bit (bridle component) | blanket, saddle | bridle | genre subject | horse (animal) | leather | saddle | sporting art | stirrup | tack
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Harold Sterner, 1895–1976, American, Horse Accoutrements: Bridle, Saddle, Stirrup Leather and Girth, Bit, Stirrup and Blanket, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.