IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Walcot, 1874–1943, British, The Library of San Marco, Venice, 1920
The Library of San Marco, Venice
- Etching, aquatint, and drypoint on medium, slighly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 14 inches (24.1 × 35.6 cm), Plate: 4 3/4 × 7 inches (12.1 × 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Campanile - Venice"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "11059"; lower right: "1965.63.95"
Watermark: J Green & Son | 1920; blind embossed: flower, "D | 1920"
Signed below image, lower right: "W. Walcot."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The G. Allen Smith Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | campanile | gondolas | water
- Associated Places:
- Italy | Venice
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.