The Castle of St. Angelo
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, third state on medium, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 × 8 3/16 inches (27.9 × 20.8 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 7 inches (23.5 × 17.8 cm), and Image: 2 3/4 × 3 1/2 inches (7 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: R.419"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(T.W. Nov. 42)"
Lettered, upper center: "WORKS | OF | LORD BYRON. | VOL. VIII."; lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Finden."; lettered, lower center: "The Castle of St. Angelo | LONDON: | JOHN MURRAY, ALBEMARLE STREET. | 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Castel Sant'Angelo | Italy | Lazio | Parco Adriano | Ponte Sant'Angelo | Rome | Saint Peter's Basilica | Tiber
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, The Castle of St. Angelo, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.