- Juvenis auscultans seni de divinis admonenti
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 18 3/8 x 14 5/16 inches (46.6 x 36.4 cm), Plate: 17 13/16 x 13 13/16 inches (45.3 x 35.1 cm), and Image: 15 9/16 x 12 3/8 inches (39.6 x 31.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "13 ?/8 17 ?/4"; lower center: "proof before first u was inserted in auscultans"; lower right: "youth listening [...]c"; on back, lower right: "Tuire 411 | (IR31/339)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Pellegrino Tibaldi del."; lower center: "Juvenis a["^u" inserted in brown ink]scultans Seni de divinis admonenti. [ornamental design]" | My Son attend unto my Wisdom, and bow thine ear to my Understanding. Proverbs Ch.V."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Londini Sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Bible | Christianity | clouds | costume | divinity | father | gesture | heaven | men | Old Testament | pointing | religious and mythological subject | son | the book of Proverbs | the book of Proverbs, chapter V | togas | wisdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Juvenis auscultans seni de divinis admonenti, 1764
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.