- Cupid Disarmed by Venus
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 19 13/16 x 15 3/16 inches (50.4 x 38.5 cm), Plate: 16 3/8 x 12 3/8 inches (41.6 x 31.4 cm), and Image: 13 13/16 x 10 13/16 inches (35.1 x 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "13"; on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower right: "No 1 (in between two horizontal lines) | 19 | (IR31/391) | 4/ [horizontal line] | 1[...]76"
Lettered, lower left: "Corregio, pinxt."; lower center: "CUPID DISARMED BY VENUS. | London Published as the Act directs, June 1st 1804, at R. Ackerman's Repository of Arts, No. 101, Strand."; lower right: F. Bartolozzi & Knight, sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | boys | children | costume | earrings | family | flowers (plants) | goddess | Greek | headband | love | mother | mythology | nude | portrait | putti | quiver | religious and mythological subject | sleeping | sons | trees | Venus taking care of Cupid | wings | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Cupid Disarmed by Venus, 1804
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.