The Flower Girl
- Mezzotint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 16 1/8 x 13 1/8 inches (41 x 33.3 cm), 15 x 11 inches (38.1 x 27.9 cm), and 13 3/4 x 11 inches (34.9 x 27.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Mrs. Kirell G. Arnold [...]"
unidentified collector's stamp, on back: "IFP"; collector's stamp of the Paul Mellon Collection, in blue ink, on back
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by J Zoffaniy RA"; lower center: "THE FLOWER GIRL. | Engrav'd From The Original Picture In The Possession Of Jacob Wilkinson Esqr. | Publish'd Jany. 1st. 1785 by J Young. No. 28 Newport Street, Oxford Street London"; lower right: "Engrav'd by J. Young"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | botany | cape | dress | flowers (plants) | genre subject | girl | hat | science | street vendor | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Chaloner Smith, British mezzotinto portraits, being a descriptive catalogue of these engravings from the introduction of the art to the early part of the present century : arranged according to the engravers, the inscriptions given at full length, and the variations of state precisely set forth : acc , Martino Pub., Mansfield Centre, CT, 2004, v. 4, p. 1646, Young no. 79, NE1816.G7 S58 2004 [ORBIS]