IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Woollett, 1735–1785, British, MacBeth meeting the Witches, 1770
MacBeth meeting the Witches
- Engraving, proof before all letters on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 × 21 9/16 inches (40.6 × 54.8 cm), Image: 15 1/4 × 20 13/16 inches (38.7 × 52.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "30302"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "Macbeth Meeting the Witches | by W. Woollett after F Luccarelli"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[rare & curious]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.