- Stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 1/2 inches (20.6 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 10 inches (19.1 x 25.4 cm), and Image: 6 x 8 inches (15.2 x 20.3 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite lower right: "Fuer 118"
Lettered lower center: "G.B.Cipriani Invenit. F.Bartolozzi Sculpst. | EARTH. | From the Original Drawing in the Pofsefsion of W.Palmer: | London Publifhed May 10th. 1803, by A.Molteno, Printseller to Her Royal Highnefs the Dutchefs of York, No.29, Pall Mall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chariot (carriage) | cornucopia (motif) | lion | religious and mythological subject
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Earth, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.