IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sir Henry Clinton, 1780
Sir Henry Clinton
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.9 x 19 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (17.1 x 13 cm), Image: 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.6 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Sir H Clinton"; on back, lower left: "(IR31/785b)"; on back, lower right: "1765 Juer | 5/"
Lettered in black ink, center left: "Painted by J. Smart"; center right: "Engraved by F. Bartolozzi"; lower left: "J"; lower center: "London, Publish'd 8th October 1780, for Watson & Dickinson No. 158, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- army | costume | curls | general | man | officer (military officer) | oval | politician | portrait
- Associated People:
- Clinton, Sir Henry (1730–1795), army officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.