Sir Henry Clinton
- Stipple engraving on thin, smooth, cream laid paper, laid on contemporary mount made of medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Mount: 7 7/8 x 6 7/16 inches (20 x 16.3 cm), Sheet: 7 7/8 x 6 5/16 inches (20 x 16.1 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 x 5 1/8 inches (17 x 13 cm), and Image (oval): 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.5 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, lower left: "687 | Tu"; on back of mount, lower center: "(IR31/785c)"; on back of mount, lower right: "1765 Juer"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by J. Smart"; lower right: "Engraved by F. Bartolozzi"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- army | costume | curls | general | man | officer (military officer) | oval | politician | portrait
- Associated People:
- Clinton, Sir Henry (1730–1795), army officer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sir Henry Clinton, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.