- William Cobbett
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 15/16 x 12 9/16 inches (43.1 x 31.9 cm), Plate: 12 7/8 x 10 5/16 inches (32.7 x 26.2 cm), and Image: 9 13/16 x 8 1/4 inches (25 x 21 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "with col eo[...] 1/6 the two"; on back, lower right: "Iner 1766 | 7/6"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "J. R. Smith pinxit."; lower center: "MR. WILLIAM COBBETT. | London Published Decr. 15, 1801, by Colnaghi & Co. No. 23, Cockspur Street."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R. A. sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | collar | costume | cravat | drapery | man | portrait | ruffle | writer
- Associated People:
- Cobbett, William (1763–1835), political writer and farmer
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), William Cobbett, 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.