Charles Earl Cornwallis
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- 6 1/4 × 4 3/4 inches (15.8 × 12 cm) and 3 × 2 1/4 inches (7.6 × 5.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on back, lower left: "N[?2]1763"; lower right: [arrow] [?j]"; in graphite, lower center: "Cornwallis | 1847"
Lettered, in black ink, center left: "Painted by H. D. Hamilton"; center right: "Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi."; lower center: "London. Publish'd March 15th. 1781, for Watson & Dickinson No.158, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | buttonholes | buttons (fasteners) | coat | costume | general | lace | man | officer (military officer) | oval | portrait | stock | vest | wig
- Associated People:
- Cornwallis, Charles (1738–1805), lieutenant-general
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Charles Earl Cornwallis, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.