- Stipple engraving and etching in black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 5/8 x 10 11/16 inches (37.2 x 27.2 cm), Plate: 12 5/8 x 9 7/16 inches (32 x 24 cm), and Image (oval): 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches (13.9 x 11.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "9-12"; lower right: "Fitzgibbon Lord"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "IR31/810) 1/11"; lower right: "Juer 1831 10/6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- blouse | buttons | coat | collar | nobleman | ovals | portrait
- Associated People:
- FitzGibbon, John, first earl of Clare (1748–1802), lord chancellor of Ireland
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Lord Fitzgibbon, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.