- Additional Title(s):
Chevalier de Pinto
Luis Pinto de Sousa Coutinho
- Stipple engraving and soft-ground etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 13 7/16 x 9 3/16 inches (34.1 x 23.3 cm) and Image (oval, no border): 7 13/16 x 6 1/4 inches (19.8 x 15.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "1830 Juer | 1-LO | (IR31/886a)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coat | costume | cravat | cross (object) | knights | man | medals | oval | pendants (jewelry) | politician | portrait | Portuguese | prime ministers | sash | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Pinto de Sousa Coutinho, Luis, first Viscount Balsemão (1735-1804 )
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Chevalier Pinto, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.