- Former Title(s):
Hieronymus Tartarottus Serbatus (Gerolamo Tartarotti Serbati)
- Line engraving and etching in black ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cut to plate): 9 11/16 x 7 1/4 inches (24.6 x 18.4 cm) and Image: 9 3/16 x 6 3/4 inches (23.4 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "95"; lower right: "Juer 1810 | (IR31\914) | 10/"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "HIERONYMUS TARTAROTTUS SERBATUS | ROBORETANUS SCRIPTIS CLARUS.. | NATUS IV.NON.IAN.M.D.CC.VI.OBI.XVII KALIUN. | M.D.CC.LXI."; lower left: "Hiero: Costantini Delin:"; lower right: "Franc. Bartolozzi Sculp:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | buttons | Catholic | coat | framed | Italian | nose | oval | portrait | religious (people) | wig
- Associated People:
- Tartarotti, Girolamo, 1706-1761
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Gerolamo Tartarotti, 1763
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.