Sir James Wishart
- Additional Title(s):
Sir James Wishart, From an Original Drawing the Property of Vice Admiral Kingsmill
- between 1794 and 1798
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (13.9 × 9.5 cm), Image: 3 1/8 × 2 5/8 inches (7.9 × 6.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Admiral"; lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "ob 1723"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "J. faber del. 1703."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."; lower center: "SIR JAMES WISHART, | From an Original Drawing the Property of Vice Admiral Kingsmill. | Pub. as the Act directs, by R. Faulder New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- admiral | captain | knights | man | navy | oval | portrait | stock | wig | Wove
- Associated People:
- Wishart, Sir James (c.1659–1723), naval officer
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sir James Wishart, between 1794 and 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.