- Miss Anna Brunton
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches (14.9 x 9.8 cm) and Image: 3 3/8 x 2 3/8 inches (8.5 x 6 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on back, upper center: "[?Mary] E[...]"; in graphite, lower center: "afterwards Countess [?braven]"; in graphite, lower right: "[...] 1633 | (IR31/1047)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "R. Cosway R.A.. del."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpx"; lower center: "MISS BRUNTON, | in the Character of | HORATIA, | in the Roman Father | By this we'll swear a lasting love. | Act 3. Scene 2."; lower center: "London Printed for J. Bell, British Library Strand, October 24th, 1785."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | belt | By this we'll swear a lasting love | dress | headdress | kerchief | literary theme | oval | plumes | The Roman Father, play by William Whitehead | woman
- Associated People:
Brunton, Anna (born 1773, died?), dramatist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Anna Brunton, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.