Miss Anna Brunton
- Former Title(s):
Miss Brunton, in the character of Horatia, in the Roman Father, By this we'll swear a lasting love [Act 3, Scene 2]
'The Roman Father,' Act III, Scene II
- Additional Title(s):
Anna Ross Brunton
- Stipple engraving on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 × 3 7/8 inches (14.9 × 9.8 cm), Image: 3 3/8 × 2 3/8 inches (8.5 × 6 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, on back, upper center: "[?Mary] E[...]"; in graphite, lower center: "afterwards Countess [?braven]"; in graphite, lower right: "[...] 1633 | (IR31/1047)"
Lettered, lower left: "R. Cosway R.A.. del."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpx"; lettered, lower center: "MISS BRUNTON, | in the Character of | HORATIA, | in the Roman Father | By this we'll swear a lasting love. | Act 3. Scene 2. | London Printed for J. Bell, British Library Strand, October 24th, 1785."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | belt | By this we'll swear a lasting love | dress | headdress | kerchief | literary theme | oval | plumes | The Roman Father, play by William Whitehead | woman
- Associated People:
Brunton, Anna (born 1773, died?), dramatist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Anna Brunton, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.