- Additional Title(s):
Charlotte, Queen of Great Britain
Charlotte, Queen of Great Britain, 1794
- Stipple engraving and etching in black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 6 15/16 inches (25.7 x 17.7 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 4 5/8 inches (16.8 x 11.7 cm), and Image (oval): 4 x 3 1/8 inches (10.1 x 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "with two others 1/"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Juer 1671"; lower right: "2/6"
Lettered,in black ink, bcenter left: "R. Livesay pin[...]"; center right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculps."; lower center: "Charlotte | Queen of Great Britain. | London Published June 4th. 1794 by Walker & Co. No. 7 Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | drapes | dress | fichu | lace | oval | pearls | portrait | queen (person) | ribbon | tassels | wig | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Queen Charlotte, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.