- Stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 × 5 7/8 inches (23.1 × 14.9 cm) and Image: 8 1/4 × 5 1/8 inches (20.9 × 13 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "JUER 1645"; lower center: "letter proof?"; lower right: "D"
Lettered, lower left: "R. Cosway R. A.. Delint."; lettered, lower right: "F. "Bartolozzi Sculpt."; lettered, lower center: "MARIA COSWAY | Published as the Act directs 29. Jant. 1785. by G. Bartolozzi. & to bi had at Mr. Torres Hay Market .28."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron | baroness | bonnet | book | collar | dress | foliage | history painter | lace | pearls | plumes | portrait | ribbons | ruffles | sash | trees | wig | woman
- Associated People:
- Cosway, Maria Louisa Catherine Cecilia, Baroness Cosway in the nobility of the Austrian empire (1760–1838), history painter and educationist
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Maria Cosway, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.