IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Anna Crouch, 1788
Miss Anna Crouch
- Additional Title(s):
Anna Maria Crouch
- Stipple engraving, on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid on mount
- Mount: 12 11/16 x 8 5/8 inches (32.2 x 21.9 cm), Sheet: 10 3/8 x 7 1/16 inches (26.3 x 17.9 cm), Image: 8 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (20.6 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "scarce - the plate soon destroyed"'; lower right: "Juer 1657 | (IR31 | 1063)"
Lettered, lower left: "G. Romney pinxit."; lettered, lower center: "Mrs. Crouch. | To Mrs,, Crespigny this PLATE is respectfully Inscribed, [...] | by her most obedient Servant | James Heath."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R.A.Sculpt,,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | book | cliff | costume | curls | dress | entertainer | gesture | jewelry | leaves | miniature | necklace | portrait | sash | sea | servant | singer | woman | yacht
- Associated People:
- Crouch, Anna Maria (1763–1805), singer and actress
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.