Miss Anna Crouch
- Additional Title(s):
Anna Maria Crouch
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper, laid on mount
- Mount: 12 11/16 x 8 5/8 inches (32.2 x 21.9 cm), Sheet (cropped inside plate): 10 3/8 x 7 1/16 inches (26.3 x 17.9 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 x 6 1/2 inches (20.6 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "scarce - the plate soon destroyed"'; lower right: "Juer 1657 | (IR31 | 1063)"
Lettered in black ink, left: "G. Romney pinxit."; lower center: "Mrs. Crouch. | To Mrs,, Crespigny this PLATE is respectfully Inscribed, [small backward c-shape mark] | by her most obedient Servant | James Heath."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi R.·A.·Sculpt,,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | book | cliff | costume | curls | dress | entertainer | gesture | jewelry | leaves | miniature | necklace | portrait | sash | sea | servant | singer | woman | yacht
- Associated People:
- Crouch, Anna Maria (1763–1805), singer and actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Anna Crouch, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.