- Stipple engraving and etching on thin, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 5 13/16 inches (19.1 x 14.7 cm), Plate: 7 3/16 x 5 1/2 inches (18.3 x 14 cm), and Image (oval): 4 13/16 x 4 3/16 inches (12.2 x 10.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Mrs. Gautherot"; on back, lower left: "3"; on back, lower center: "(IR31/1077)"; on back, lower right: "3/6 | 7/6 (crossed out) | Juer 1664"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "P. Violet pinxt. 1790."; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpxt. 1790."; lower center: "Publishd as the Act directs dec: 1790."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | gown | music | musician | oval | portrait | sofa | violin | violinist | woman
- Associated People:
- Gautherot, Louisa (d. 1808), violinist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Gautherot, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.