- Additional Title(s):
Her Majesty Marie-Antonette Queen of France
- Mezzotint and stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/16 x 7 3/8 inches (25.8 x 18.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (21.3 x 16.2 cm), and Image (oval): 3 5/16 x 2 13/16 inches (8.4 x 7.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "A. M. | Juer 1681 | (IR31/1090)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Her Majesty | MARIE-ANTONETTE QUEEN OF FRANCE. | Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi, R. A. Engraver to His Britannic Majesty, | from an Original Minature [sic] Picture, Painted by P. Violet, | Minature [sic] Painter to Louis XV, King of France. | London. Publish'd Jany. 18th. 1790, by J. F. Tomkins No. 18 New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | frizz | lace | oval | portrait | queen (person) | royalty | woman
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Marie Antoinette, Queen, consort of Louis XVI, King of France (1755-1793)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Marie Antoinette, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.