- Additional Title(s):
Sarah Siddons (née Kemble)
- Stipple engraving, in brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 1/8 x 7 3/4 inches (25.7 x 19.7 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 x 6 3/4 inches (22.5 x 17.1 cm), and Image: 3 7/8 x 3 1/8 inches (9.8 x 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Mrs Siddons"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "1177"; lower right: "[...] 1707"; lower right: "7/6"
Lettered, lower left: "H.Hone A.R.A. pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculps."; lettered, lower center: [...] | Pub'd. Novr. 4th 1785, by, H. Hone Dublin."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | arm | armor | belt | buckle | crest | crest | dress | fichu | fish | hand | oval | portrait | shield | sword | wig | woman
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Siddons, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.