IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Georgiana, Countess Spencer, 1783
Georgiana, Countess Spencer
- Additional Title(s):
Margare Georgiana Spencer, Countess Spencer (née Poyntz)
- Stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (26 x 19.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 1/4 inches (21.3 x 15.9 cm), Image: 4 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches (12.4 x 9.8 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Gainsborough Pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculps:"; lettered, lower center: "Georgiana Countess Spencer. | Publish'd as the Act directs 1st, Jany, 1783, by Jean Mare Pascal Berlin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | countess | engraving | oval | portrait | stock | trees | vest | wig | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.