- Georgiana, Countess Spencer
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (26 x 19.7 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 1/4 inches (21.3 x 15.9 cm), and Image: 4 7/8 x 3 7/8 inches (12.4 x 9.8 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, center left: "Gainsborough pinxt."; center right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculps:"; lower center: "Georgiana Countess Spencer. | Publish'd as the Act directs 1st, Jan.y 1783, by Jean Mare Pascal Berlin"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | countess | engraving | oval | portrait | stock | trees | vest | wig | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Georgiana, Countess Spencer, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.