Griselda Returning to her Father
- Part Of:
- after 1785
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 17 1/16 x 13 inches (43.4 x 33 cm), Plate: 13 1/8 x 10 inches (33.4 x 25.4 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 x 8 7/16 inches (26.8 x 21.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Letter Proof"
Lettered, lower left: "Bartolozzi."; lettered, lower right: "AGabriolli sculp."; lettered, lower center: "GRISELDA returning to her FATHER"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bedroom | cloaks | daughter | embracing | family | father | fireplace | house | illustration | literary theme | pitcher | The Clerk's Tale (The Canterbury Tales)
- Associated People:
- Griselda (character in The Canterbury Tales)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Amedeo Gabrielli, 1749–1817, Griselda Returning to her Father, after 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.