The Death of Cora
- Additional Title(s):
"Peru," Canto VI, Verse 101: The Death of Cora
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint, stipple engraving, and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 9/16 x 10 3/16 inches (34.4 x 25.8 cm), Plate: 10 7/16 x 7 3/8 inches (26.5 x 18.7 cm), and Image (oval): 7 15/16 x 6 7/16 inches (20.2 x 16.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Narwiele 117"; on back, lower right: "278 | letter proof JW (in monogram) | (IR34/1374)"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "H. Ramberg invt."; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."; lower center: "The DEATH of CORA. | Vide Miss Williams's Peru | Canto 6. Verse 101 | Pub, May 1, 1788, by M. Ryland No. 102, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armor | boy | cape | child | costume | curtain | death | drapery | dress | family | father | fatigue | feathers | helmet | husband | literary theme | love | men | mother | oval | Peru, 1784: Canto VI, Verse 101 | poem | poetry | portrait | resting | sadness | sash | sleeping | soldiers | son | tassels | wife | woman
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Death of Cora, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.