- Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Northumberland
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 3/4 inches (15.5 x 24.7 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 inches (15 x 20.3 cm), and Image: 4 x 6 inches (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Engrav'd by B. Comte, from a Drawing by E. Dayes."; lower center: "TINEMOUTH CASTLE & PRIORY. | Northumberland. | London. Publish'd by Vernor & Hood, Poultry. Jan. 1, 1802."; lower right: "for the Beauties of England & Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | beach | boats | boy | castle | child | cliffs | coast | coats | dress | genre subject | gesture | hats | landscape | men | priory | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sailboats | sea | seamen | shore (landform) | talking | trousers | waves (natural events) | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | North Sea | North Tyneside | Tynemouth | Tynemouth Castle and Priory | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Benjamin Comte, 1760–1851, Swiss, Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Northumberland, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.