IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Benjamin Comte, 1760–1851, Swiss, Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Northumberland, 1802
Tynemouth Castle and Priory, Northumberland
- Additional Title(s):
Tinemouth Castle and Priory, Northumberland
Tinemouth Castle & Priory. Northumberland.
Tinemouth Castle & Priory Northumberland
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/8 x 9 3/4 inches (15.5 x 24.7 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 8 inches (15 x 20.3 cm), Image: 4 x 6 inches (10.2 x 15.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Engrav'd by B. Comte, from a Drawing by E. Dayes."; lower center: "TINEMOUTH CASTLE & PRIORY. | Northumberland. | London. Publish'd by Vernor & Hood, Poultry. Jan. 1, 1802."; lower right: "for the Beauties of England & Wales."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | basket | beach | boats | boy | castle | child | cliffs | coast | coats | dress | genre subject | gesture | hats | landscape | men | priory | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sailboats | sea | seamen | shore (landform) | talking | trousers | waves (natural events) | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | North Sea | North Tyneside | Tynemouth | Tynemouth Castle and Priory | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.