The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green: English and French Text
- Part Of:
- Letterpress on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper (page in book), pasted on left edge to B1977.14.14752a
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 11 15/16 inches (20.6 x 30.3 cm) and Image (text): 4 1/4 x 9 3/8 inches (10.8 x 23.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left to center right: text in both English and French describing image in B1977.14.14752a, beginning center left: "The House of W. Russell, Esq. | This mansion, which is situated about two miles from the | town, at Showell-Green, was not destroyed till Saturday the 16th of July | 1791."; center right: "Maison de G. Russell, Esq. | Cette maison, situté à deux milles environ de cette ville, n'échappa à la destruction jusqu' au Samedi 16 Juillet, 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barriers | coats | costume | garden | genre subject | gesture | green | hats | house | landscape | men | park (grounds) | pointing | ruins | staff (walking stick) | talking | trees
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Birmingham | England | Showell Green | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green: English and French Text, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.