The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green: English and French Text
- Part Of:
- Letterpress on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper (page in book), pasted on left edge to B1977.14.14752a
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 11 15/16 inches (20.6 x 30.3 cm) and Image: 4 1/4 x 9 3/8 inches (10.8 x 23.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left to center right: text in both English and French describing image in B1977.14.14752a, beginning center left: "The House of W. Russell, Esq. | This mansion, which is situated about two miles from the | town, at Showell-Green, was not destroyed till Saturday the 16th of July | 1791."; center right: "Maison de G. Russell, Esq. | Cette maison, situté à deux milles environ de cette ville, n'échappa à la destruction jusqu' au Samedi 16 Juillet, 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barriers | coats | costume | garden | genre subject | gesture | green | hats | house | landscape | men | park (grounds) | pointing | ruins | staff (walking stick) | talking | trees
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Birmingham | England | Showell Green | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green: English and French Text, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.