And Ah! Let Pity Turn Her Dewy Eyes...
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 1/16 x 10 9/16 inches (35.7 x 26.9 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches (25.1 x 20 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 5 5/16 inches (10.5 x 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "[...]. [...]. (initials) 1807 | Juer 245"; lower right: "(IR31/1738)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "F. Bartolozzi R. A. Sculps. 1801."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- allegory | bed | bedframe | blankets (coverings) | book | broken | crying | interior | juvenilia | Juvenilia; or, a Collection of Poems Written between the ages of Twelve and Sixteen by J. H. L. Hunt, Late of the Grammar School of Christ's Hospital, 1801 | light | literary theme | man | melancholy | mirrors | novel | pillows | poem | poetry | poor | poverty | rats | resting | sadness | shadow | sorrow | window
- Associated People:
- Hunt, James Henry Leigh (1784–1859), poet, journalist, and literary critic
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), And Ah! Let Pity Turn Her Dewy Eyes.., 1801
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.