The House of George Humphrys, Esq., Spark Brook
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 x 10 1/2 inches (22 x 26.7 cm), Plate: 7 7/16 x 9 7/16 inches (18.9 x 24 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 3/8 inches (12.8 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn by P. H. Witton Junr."; lower center: "The House of George Humphrys Esq. Spark Brook. | London. Published 1 May 1792, by J. Johnson, St. Paul's Church Yard."; lower right: "Engraved by Wm. Ellis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | capes (outerwear) | child | costume | country house | dog (animal) | driveway | feathers | fichu | garden | genre subject | gowns | hats | house | landscape | mansion | men | nobility | park (grounds) | promenade (walkway) | shrubs | staff (walking stick) | tailcoat | walking | wall | women
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Birmingham | England | Sparkbrook | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, The House of George Humphrys, Esq., Spark Brook, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.