Baskerville House, the Residence of John Ryland, Esq.
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 x 10 3/8 inches (21.6 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 7 5/16 x 9 7/16 inches (18.6 x 24 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 3/8 inches (12.8 x 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "1/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn by P. H. Witton, Junr."; lower center: "BASKERVILLE HOUSE, the Residence of JOHN RYLAND Esq. | London. Published 1 May 1792, by J. Johnson, St. Paul's Church Yard."; lower right: "Engraved by Wm. Ellis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cart | child | costume | country house | excavation | feathers | garden | girl | gowns | hats | house | labor | landscape | mansion | men | nobility | park (grounds) | path | peasants | ruins | shovel | trees | wheelbarrow | woman | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- Baskerville House | Birmingham | Birmingham | Centenary Square | England | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, Baskerville House, the Residence of John Ryland, Esq, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.