Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salomon
- Former Title(s):
For the Benefit of Mr. Salomon
- Additional Title(s):
For the Benefit of Mr. Salomon, Wednesday 28 May 1794
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 3 11/16 x 4 5/8 inches (9.4 x 11.7 cm), 2 11/16 x 3 11/16 inches (6.8 x 9.3 cm), and 2 1/16 x 3 1/4 inches (5.3 x 8.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "2/32"; on back, lower right: "2/32 | (IR31/1937)"
Lettered in black ink, center left, within cartouche in image: "For the BENEFIT | of | MR. SALOMON | Wednesday 28 May 1794."; lower left: "B. Rebecca invt."; lower center: "HANOVER SQUARE ROOMS."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartouche | concert | concert hall | festoon | figure (representation) | historical subject | impresario | laurel | leaves | man | science | violinist | wings
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Hanover Square | Hanover Square Rooms | London | Mayfair | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Salomon, Johann Peter (bap. 1745, d. 1815), violinist and impresario
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salomon, 1794
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.