- Ticket to Westminster Abbey
- before 1791
- Etching and line engraving on thick, moderately textured, cream (discolored to beige at edges) laid paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 x 7 3/8 inches (22.3 x 18.7 cm) and Image: 6 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (17.6 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "1934 | (IR31/1948a)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Smirk Invt:"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp:"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bench | children | Christianity | clouds | costume | embracing | lion | man | music | musician | organ (aerophone) | portrait | religious and mythological subject | spinet | unicorn | wings | women
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom | Westminster Abbey
- Associated People:
- the virgin martyr Cecilia of Rome; possible attributes: falcon, musical instruments, organ, wreath of roses and lilies
St. Cecilia as patroness of music
St. Cecilia making music and/or singing
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket to Westminster Abbey, before 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.