Ticket: Mr. Cox's Museum
- Additional Title(s):
Cox's Museum 1772 Lottery
- Etching, line engraving, and stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 3 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (8.9 x 13.4 cm) and Image (center cut out): 3 3/8 x 5 3/16 inches (8.5 x 13.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left to lower left, written vertically: "Cox's Museum 1772 | Lottery"; on back, lower left, written vertically: "2169 | 2169"; on back, lower right: "(IR31/1979) | 2/"; graphite marks around center cutout
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "B. Rebecca, inv"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi. Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- board | boys | branches | children | compass (drawing instrument) | costume | drawing instrument | jeweler | lyre | music | musicians | mythology | nudes | portrait | putti | science | wings | women
- Associated People:
- Cox, James (c.1723–1800), jeweller and entrepreneur
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: Mr. Cox's Museum, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.