Ticket: Mr. Cox's Museum
- Additional Title(s):
Cox's Museum 1772 Lottery
- Etching, line engraving, and stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige laid paper
- 3 1/2 × 5 1/4 inches (8.9 × 13.4 cm) and 3 3/8 × 5 3/16 inches (8.5 × 13.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left to lower left, written vertically: "Cox's Museum 1772 | Lottery"; on back, lower left, written vertically: "2169 | 2169"; on back, lower right: "(IR31/1979) | 2/"; graphite marks around center cutout
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "B. Rebecca, inv"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi. Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- board | boys | branches | children | compass (drawing instrument) | costume | drawing instrument | flying | jeweler | leaves | lyre | music | musicians | mythology | nudes | portrait | putti | religious and mythological subject | science | wings | women
- Associated People:
- Cox, James (c.1723–1800), jeweller and entrepreneur
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: Mr. Cox's Museum, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.