The Daughters of Guercino
- Additional Title(s):
The Daughters of Gercino in the Dress of the Country near Bologna
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving in red ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 × 10 13/16 inches (33.1 × 27.5 cm), Image: 12 3/8 × 9 15/16 inches (31.5 × 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 89 [crossed out] 981 2.2.0"
Lettered, in brown ink, lower center: "The Daughters of Gercino in the Dress of the Country near Bologna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | Bologna | children | costume | daughters | doves | dresses | earrings | genre subject | Italy | oval | pearls | portrait | scarves | shawls | women
- Associated People:
- Guercino (1590/1–1666), painter, draughtsman, graphic artist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Daughters of Guercino, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.