The Daughters of Guercino
- Additional Title(s):
The Daughters of Gercino in the Dress of the Country near Bologna
- Soft-ground etching and stipple engraving in red ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped to plate): 13 1/16 x 10 13/16 inches (33.1 x 27.5 cm) and Image (oval): 12 3/8 x 9 15/16 inches (31.5 x 25.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 89 [crossed out] 981 2.2.0"
Lettered, in brown ink, lower center: "The Daughters of Gercino in the Dress of the Country near Bologna"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | Bologna | children | costume | daughters | doves | dresses | earrings | genre subject | Italy | oval | pearls | portrait | scarves | shawls | women
- Associated People:
- Guercino (1590/1-1666), painter, draughtsman, graphic artist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Daughters of Guercino, 1772
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.