Sir William Orpen, 1878–1931, Irish, Portrait of the Artist, May 1922, 1922
Portrait of the Artist, May 1922
- Graphite, white chalk, and blue chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 × 7 3/4 inches (25.4 × 19.7 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Orpen | May 1922"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | jacket | lapels | man | portrait | self-portrait | tie, bow | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Orpen, William (Irish painter, 1878-1931)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.