Sir William Orpen, 1878–1931, Irish, Portrait of the Artist, May 1922, 1922
Portrait of the Artist, May 1922
- Graphite, white chalk, and blue chalk on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 10 × 7 3/4 inches (25.4 × 19.7 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower right: "Orpen | May 1922"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- face | jacket | lapels | man | portrait | self-portrait | tie, bow | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Orpen, William (Irish painter, 1878-1931)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.